The Overcomer’s Covenant in Christ
1. I place all my trust and confidence in the Lord and I put no confidence in the flesh – I declare myself to be dependent upon God. I know that I cannot save myself, nor set myself free by my own efforts and resources. I know that apart from Christ I can do nothing. I know that all temptation is an attempt to get me to live my life independently from God, but God has provided a way of escape.
2. I consciously and deliberately choose to submit to God and resist the devil by denying myself, picking up my cross daily, and following Jesus. I know that my soul was not designed by God to function as master. I know that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and insubordination is an iniquity and idolatry.
3. I choose to humble myself before the mighty hand of God that He may exalt me at the proper time. I know that God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
4. I declare the truth that I am dead to sin, freed from it, and alive to God in Christ Jesus because I have died with Christ and was raised with Him. I know that the law and all my best efforts are unable to impart life and that Jesus came to give me life.
5. I gladly embrace the truth that I am now a child of God, who is unconditionally loved and accepted. I reject the lie that I have to perform to be accepted, and I reject my fallen and natural identity which was derived from the world. I know that it is not what I do that determines who I am, but who I am that determines what I do.
6. I declare that sin shall no longer be master over me because I am not under the law, but under grace; and there is no more guilt or condemnation because I am spiritually alive in Christ Jesus. I am a servant of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7. I renounce every unrighteous rise of my body, and I commit myself to no longer be conformed to this world, but rather to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I choose to believe the truth and walk in it, regardless of my feelings or circumstances. I know that before I came to Christ my mind was programmed according to this world and I used my body as an instrument of unrighteousness thereby allowing sin to reign in my mortal body.
8. I commit myself to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. I choose to think upon that which is true, honorable, right, pure, and lovely. I know that the Holy Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.
9. I commit myself to God’s great goal for my life to conform to His image. I know that I will face many trials, but God has given me victory. I am not a victim, but an overcomer in Christ. The grace of God will enable me to triumph over every trial resulting in proven character.
10. I choose to adopt the attitude of Christ, which is to do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind I will regard others as more important than myself I will not merely look out for my own personal interests, but also the interest of others. I know that it is more blessed to give than to receive.
This affirmation above is a grace response to The Finished Work of Christ.